Monday, January 21, 2013

Week Four Comes to an End

On Tuesday, January 15th, I ran on the indoor track of the YMCA. 60 minutes that day felt like an eternity. I kept looking at the time, so I tried to concentrate on my running form and my pace. Hoping to keep my eyes off the clock. Maybe the small oval was getting to me!? I'd need to get over that quick. And I did. In the end, I felt great to be able to run 60 minutes, or +/- 6 miles.

Later that day, I went to Crossfit Beyond to start my second week of strength training. At that point, I thought that I should have been spent from running, but I wasn't. I always make myself complete every set and rep as if it's the first time I've exercised that day. As my day of exercise came to an end my legs were weak, I was left with a sublime sense of satisfaction.

 Wednesday, January 16th:



Enough said for my workout on Wednesday!











Thursday, January 17th: I was back on the small oval of the YMCA. I was challenged with the task of running for 1hr and 15minutes. Could I do this? Of course I could. This, I thought, will help me work on my mental strength. I tried not to look at the time as I did on Tuesday. It was the first time on a weekday that I had to think about putting a little fuel into my body, during a run. I chose to have water mixed with Electrolyte Fueling System (EFS), which worked out perfectly. 1hr and 15minutes = 7.5 miles. Later that day, I completed my second week of strength training at Crossfit Beyond. I am extremely happy about the way my body is responding to the double workouts on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The double workouts will come to an end in two weeks. Just in time to start speed workouts and marathon paces training on the track.

Friday, January 18th: Crossfit Beyond! I think I'm addicted!



Saturday, January 19th: I love waking up when my body is ready to wake up and not because I've set an alarm and have to get up early. I ate my breakfast and geared up for my long run. It was a windy morning but the sun was out. I love running in chilly weather with the sun in my face. It really doesn't feel cold when the sun is shining, even when it's in the 30's. I felt great and hit some pretty big hills. I tried to keep pace on the hills instead of trying to speed through them. Come marathon day, I will try to keep pace not pick up pace. Practice makes perfect. I ran for 1 hr and 45 minute which equaled 11.80 miles. My total mileage for the week was 25 miles! Two weeks of base mileage left, then things get a little hotter with speed work and marathon pace training. I am so ready for some speed

No comments:

Post a Comment