Monday, January 14, 2013

In Full Swing

Tuesday, January 8th: I wasn't fully recovered from the crossfit workout I did Friday, or from Sunday's 8 mile run. I welcomed an easy 60 minute run on the YMCA's indoor track. That day, I definitely managed to stay within my heart rate training range. The slow pace was perfect. The time has now increased from a 45 minute run to a 60 minute run on the weekdays. And, as soon as my body adapts to 60 minutes, the time will increase again. Later that day, I went back to Crossfit Beyond for a strength training class. I worked on my squat and bench press. I will be stronger and faster this year.


Wednesday, January 9th: I woke up feeling super energized. I was still sore, but it's the type of sore that let's me know that I've been working out. Not the type that makes me feel like I'm burned out. I went into my basement and did a 30 minute workout called "wipeout" and a 15 minute ab burner workout by Nike Training Club. As I train, all of my powerlifting trophies look back at me. Inspiring me. I smile at them with pride. They are a reminder of how rewarding hard work can be.

My girl flexing with my powerlifting trophies

Thursday, January 10th: again, I welcomed an easy 60 minute run on the indoor track. Which equaled a 6 mile run. My muscles were sore but I felt good, overall. Later in the day, I went to Crossfit Beyond and completed the second part of my strength training, which consists of dead lifts and over head shoulder presses. I'm loving the strength training days. They some how help keep me mentally tough.



Friday, January 11th: Crossfit Beyond! I can't get enough of this place. I love the punishment that the workouts deliver.

Saturday, January 12th: OFF!

Sunday, January 13th: I woke up at 5am in the darkness. At 6am, I began my 1hr 30min run. I had on some pretty reflective gear. My baseball cap has LED lights which led the way. Despite the lights, I managed to fight off a branch that I ran into, and I went off road once. I was very happy not to have twisted an ankle. At 7:30am, I was done with my run. 1hr 30min= 9.77miles. I ran a total of 22 miles this week! I gladly enjoyed eating and some recovery time.

Thank you for stopping by,

Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment