Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy 2013- Week #2

Monday, December 31st: Happy New Year Eve! Today turned out to be a cross training day. I made some adjustments due to the snow we got on Saturday into Sunday. It was too early into training to even care about the weather. Although snow cover roads can be a risk, it wasn't too bad and I can layer up for the cold. Todays cross training consisted of Tapout XT's strength and force upper (55 minutes) with an additional 15 minutes of ultimate abs. This work out put me in gear for the rest of the day. Later that night, I put Christmas away. I thought, "soon it will be 2013. This week, I tune up my eating." Here's to starting 2013 and my second week of training with a bang!

Tuesday, Jan 1st: Happy New Year! I didn't wake up super early, but did manage to get up before the rest of the world. Or, at least it seemed that way. The air was cold and crisp and felt great. I hit some pretty big hills. And, all along I kept thinking F#%* cancer! This mantra strengthen my pace. I no longer let hills scare me nor do I let them defeat me. Hills are speed work in disguise. As I neared the end of my run, the flurries began to come down on me. They actually felt refreshing. I completed my 4.95 miles in 45 minutes.

Eminem's Father
Wednesday, Jan 2nd: Off

Thursday, Jan 3rd: I did not have a good night sleep. I woke up at 4am then at 6am. At 7am, my watch alarm went off and it was time to start my day. Although, I didn't sleep well, I was looking forward to my run. So, I headed out to the indoor track at the YMCA. I am so grateful for that tiny oval. I'd rather run around that track a million times before getting on the dreadmill. I'm trying very hard to run according to my heart rate, but I am having a bit of problem with slowing down. I'm really disliking heart rate training. I understand the physiology behind the training, but I just don't like it! I just want to run! I felt great today, despite my dislike. I ran 4.35 miles in 45 minutes.

Friday, Jan 4th: Today was an exciting day for me. I went back to my basic strength movement. Squats, bench press, dead lift and overhead shoulder press. Bring on the soreness! For one max repetition, I squatted 205 lbs, benched 140lbs, dead lifted 250lbs and shoulder pressed 82 lbs. I'm still pretty strong! Preforming these moves took me back...way back... to my powerlifting days. I'm excited to see how strong and fast I can get. I finished my day with a Crossfit workout called "A fight gone bad". Three rounds or sets of 5 movements for one minute a piece, with a one minute rest in between sets. My total for the whole workout was 263 reps!


Saturday, January 5th: Zumba Core! Not too sore from Crossfit the day before, but I know from past experience that you don't really feel the soreness of a hard workout until two days after. Sunday would be a tough day. But, I knew I was tougher, so I could get through it, no matter what.

Sunday, January 6th: Oh Boy, was I sore! But....no excuses! I went out for an easy 8 miles with a neighbor. We chatted the whole time. I definitely need to run with someone. It kept my mind off my sore body. And, just like that... we were done. If I have no major injuries or near-death illnesses, there is no way in hell I'm missing a training session. This is my passion and I will enjoy a day of rest on Monday.

No Excuses

Thank you for stopping by, Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment