Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Home Stretch!

Last week I continued the taper process. Tapering is hard sometimes because the mileage is low. With the track at the YMCA still closed because of the fumes from resurfacing the gym floor below, I'm forced to use the treadmill. Even though I'd rather run on the track or outdoors, I welcomed the treadmill work. I ran on the treadmill for an hour on Tuesday and inserted 4x800 meters with a 400 meter jog in between. Finishing at an easy pace.


On Wednesday I completed a core workout. I felt pretty good. My body is starting to repair and recover.

Thursday, I completed my final marathon pace session. I hit the treadmill for 35 minutes easy pace followed by 20 minutes marathon pace. I finished with a 5 minute cool down.

Friday- REST DAY!

On Saturday, I ran my final"long" run. 60 minutes wasn't that long, but I stuck to the program. I know tapering is important if I want to push on marathon day. And, at this point in the game, the work is done. I won't get stronger, faster, or improve my stamina. That all happened in the first 13 weeks of training. These past few weeks are about staying HEALTHY! For 60 minutes, the sun shined on my face. I did everything I could not to go to fast. I enjoyed the music in my ears. I visualized myself on marathon day. I'm ready.

Ready for my last long run
Finished


You won't hear from me until post marathon day when I recap the race. This coming week I will complete two 45 minute running sessions with five 1 minute pick-ups with a 1 minute jog in between. Finishing the sessions at an easy pace.

April 15th... prepared to be amazing.

Thank you ALL for your support and encouragement during this time of training and fundraising. If you would like to lend your support, please visit my personal web page at:

www.runDFMC.org/2013/sheilac

Thank You,

Sheila









No comments:

Post a Comment