Sunday, July 1, 2012

Hitting The Reset Button

It's the beginning of 2012 and I have some work to do. First, I had to lose some weight. The weight that I gained during my injuries and training for the NYC Marathon. And, I did. I lost 13lbs. Thank you very much!
Official training began in March for the Boston's Run to Remember half marathon. I decided to go back to a three day a week running schedule with three days of cross training and one day rest. I like the less is more concept.
To build up my confidence, I decide I would run a few shorter races.
Nothing hurt, I lost weight, my workouts were going well, so I wanted to see how well I could race. I ran the Delmar Dash, a 5 miler, flat and fast. And, to my surprise I ran it better that I thought I would. 38:45 @ 7:45min miles!! Talk about confidence builder. I was back on track and loving it.
I would go on to run a 5k (23:36), and another 5 miler (40:16) all before the half marathon.
On May 27th I ran my half Marathon in 1:52:38. Not my best, but not bad. I didn't get sick and had a steady pace through the race.
A week later, I ran a 5k with a friend who was running her 1st race. I ran to encourage her to finish.
So, so far this year I have raced five times without injuries and I feel great.
Next on the calendar is the Firecracker 4, The Boilermaker 15k, and The Hudson Mohawk Marathon.
I've definitely hit the reset button this year!!! Yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment