Friday, October 26, 2012

Boston Marathon 2013

Today, I confirmed my spot on the 2013 Dana Farber Marathon Challenge Team. I'm running on marathon Monday! I've been holding onto this possibility since a week after I ran the Mohawk Hudson Marathon.




I am running in memory of Jennifer Lynne Kennedy, who passed away at the age of 16 on November 15th, 1999. Jennifer was diagnosed with osteosarcoma and was treated at Dana Farber during her illness. The Kennedy family has relayed to me the high quality of care that Jennifer received. I want to raise funds to continue the outstanding research and care offered by Dana Farber.

Not only is this cause important to the Kennedy family, it touches me in a very personal way. My dad was diagnosed and treated for prostate cancer. He is one of the lucky ones. The cancer was caught at a very early stage and did not spread. He was treated with radiation and is now cancer free.

It's a win-win for me. I get to raise funds for a very important cause and my prize at the end of it all is to run one of the biggest marathons around. The Boston Marathon! What a "once in a life time" opportunity for me. And, I thought I couldn't top the emotional high I felt when I ran the NYC Marathon in 2011. I think Boston is definitely going to top that.

If you would like to make a donation to my cause, you may do so at:

http://www.rundfmc.org/2013/sheilac


Every dollar counts.

Thank you for your visit

No comments:

Post a Comment